Get ready to pull the job of a lifetime and nab the score of your dreams in OVERKILL Software’s new squad-based crime game PAYDAY: The Heist. Take on the role of a hardened career-criminal chasing the next big payday as you knock over banks, hijack armored cars and infiltrate top secret installations. But when the stakes are this high there’s no room for lone wolves; you’ll be working with others so teamwork is paramount.
“As a leading publisher of independent titles for both the PlayStation®Network and PC, SOE continues to innovate in the digital space with new titles that engage players with high-energy, multi-faceted gameplay experiences,” said Christopher Sturr, Executive Director of Business Development, SOE. “PAYDAY: The Heist is a premier quality downloadable game designed to deliver a unique spin on the first person shooter genre. As an intense, gritty and unapologetic episodic cooperative shooter, PAYDAY is packed with cocky attitude, epic Hollywood-inspired action and endless replayability.”
Experience dynamic gameplay as the AI adapts to the player, ensuring that none of the six levels ever play the same twice. As such, gamers will have to issue tactical commands to the squad to make sure that access points are covered, security is circumvented and that civilians are contained. Nobody wants a hero spoiling the job.
PAYDAY: The Heist will be available on the PlayStation Network and PC via digital download later this year and will be featured at Sony Online Entertainment’s booth at the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3).
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring get the “big score.” Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regen wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures – it’s all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior,shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty – assault, sharpshooter or support – to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be a lifeline. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
- PlayStation® or PC: For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY – a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game – is total OVERKILL.